Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Greek Yogurt Pancakes

So while I was writing that last post, I was making snowy-morning pancakes from a recipe I found on Macheesmo. They were so good that I feel I must post them here. I basically followed the recipe exactly. I halved the recipe, but I think the full once would probably feed 2 to 3 people, depending on how hungry your breakfasters are. The Greek yogurt gives the pancakes a wonderful fluffy texture. Oh man, they were so good.

Greek Yogurt Pancakes
(Adapted from Edna Mae’s Sour Cream Pancakes from Pioneer Woman Cooks, and reprinted from Macheesmo)
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt (I think you could use one of those small Fage containers, which is only 6 oz., not quite a cup)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons milk (if necessary, for thinning the batter slightly)
  • butter for cooking
  1. Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, salt) together in a large bowl.
  2. Mix wet ingredients (yogurt, eggs, vanilla, milk) in with the dry ingredients.
  3. Whisk ingredients together. The batter will be thick and smooth, but it should still be pour-able.
  4. In your skillet or frying pan, melt enough butter to thinly cover the bottom of the pan. When the butter jumps and crackles if you splash water on it, pour your first pancakes into the pan.
  5. The pancakes will take a little longer to cook than most. When they are full of bubbles on the top and stiff when you try to pick them with a spatula, they're ready to be flipped.
  6. When they're brown on both sides, stick 'em on a plate and amaze your friends!
I would write more, but I have to go finish my pancakes. Mmmm. Happy cooking!

p.s. I promise at some point I will take some pictures of the finished products of these recipes before they are devoured.

No comments:

Post a Comment